How do you get the Technic Launcher files into your Minecraft Launcher?

Minecraft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 _insanity

_insanity

Servant of Chuck Knoblock the one armed long arm of the Law

• 8 posts
  • Joined June 29, 2012

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Is there any way that someone can get the technic launcher to work in the minecraft launcher for me? I'm having issues doing it as minecraft forge will crash it.

#2 Squirrel

Squirrel

Squirrels in a suit club.

• 343 posts
  • Joined September 20, 2011

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

hmmm.... What?
You want to put the technic launcher into the default launcher??? Can you please explain what you mean by that because I'm lost.
I'm too lazy to make myself a good signature.

#3 TheColonel

TheColonel

• 1129 posts
  • Joined June 1, 2012

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostSquirrel, on 29 June 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

hmmm.... What?
You want to put the technic launcher into the default launcher??? Can you please explain what you mean by that because I'm lost.
Same I think that's what he's trying to ask but not sure. OP be more specific so we can help?
Posted Image

#4 WildKoWill

WildKoWill

Limbs removed by the Grinch

• 481 posts
  • Joined December 15, 2011

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

You don't want to put the launcher in you want to download the mod pack for it in vanilla i don't know why you would want to do that if you have the tenchic launcher its much easier.

#5 rakiru

rakiru

Judgmental Giraffe

• 3016 posts
  • Joined October 25, 2011

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

It sounds like he thinks he can get the technic mod pack installed into his modded client by putting it into the default client, like you do with client mods, which is fucking retarded and not something anyone who can actually program would think makes sense.
Error is my onii-chan
Posted Image

#6 _insanity

_insanity

• 8 posts
  • Joined June 29, 2012

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

My client crashes a lot so I was just asking if that was just possible and it loads so slow on my PC for some reason. It works if you put the mods into your Minecraft launcher because my friend did it but I did it and it would error out from minecraftforge being in there. Granted, I was probably doing it wrong with the wrong files just needed for a Tekkit server.

#7 Squirrel

Squirrel

• 343 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

View Post_insanity, on 29 June 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

My client crashes a lot so I was just asking if that was just possible and it loads so slow on my PC for some reason. It works if you put the mods into your Minecraft launcher because my friend did it but I did it and it would error out from minecraftforge being in there. Granted, I was probably doing it wrong with the wrong files just needed for a Tekkit server.
I'm confused...

You can't put mods in the default minecraft launcher... And I don't understand the tekkit server thing? Why do you need to put the tekkit server things in the minecarft launcher???

Edited by Squirrel, 29 June 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#8 _insanity

_insanity

• 8 posts
  • Joined June 29, 2012

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostSquirrel, on 29 June 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

I'm confused...

You can't put mods in the default minecraft launcher... And I don't understand the tekkit server thing? Why do you need to put the tekkit server things in the minecarft launcher???

Because the Tekkit launcher uses more RAM than the minecraft launcher and I seem to be getting a whole lot of Read Timed Out errors with that launcher. I also tried a custom launcher which works but like I said, Minecraft Forge causes the errors. And its the launcher files, not the server files by the way.

#9 DeCoolJB

DeCoolJB

• 976 posts
  • Joined October 8, 2011

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

I have absolutely no idea what he wants, maybe he's trying to install the technic pack with Minecraft Forge?
Te vagy egy ostoba

#10 Squirrel

Squirrel

• 343 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

View Post_insanity, on 29 June 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

View PostSquirrel, on 29 June 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

I'm confused...

Because the Tekkit launcher uses more RAM than the minecraft launcher and I seem to be getting a whole lot of Read Timed Out errors with that launcher. I also tried a custom launcher which works but like I said, Minecraft Forge causes the errors. And its the launcher files, not the server files by the way.
Well, I guess I'm too retarded to understand what your saying, Good luck with that and I hope someone will understand you better then I...

#11 _insanity

_insanity

• 8 posts
  • Joined June 29, 2012

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostDeCoolJB, on 29 June 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

I have absolutely no idea what he wants, maybe he's trying to install the technic pack with Minecraft Forge?

I'm trying to take the Technic Launcher mods and put them into the original minecraft launcher or custom launcher so I don't crash using the Technic Launcher but it calls for Minecraft Forge that is erroring out every time I load up Minecraft.

#12 rakiru

rakiru

Judgmental Giraffe

• 3016 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

View Post_insanity, on 29 June 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

I'm trying to take the Technic Launcher mods and put them into the original minecraft launcher or custom launcher so I don't crash using the Technic Launcher but it calls for Minecraft Forge that is erroring out every time I load up Minecraft.
The launcher is what installs the mods. You need the launcher code, ffs.
Error is my onii-chan
Posted Image

#13 _insanity

_insanity

• 8 posts
  • Joined June 29, 2012

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

View Postrakiru, on 29 June 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

View Post_insanity, on 29 June 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

The launcher is what installs the mods. You need the launcher code, ffs.

How does one obtain a launcher code?

#14 Pandaz

Pandaz

• 167 posts
  • Joined January 19, 2012

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:30 AM

View Post_insanity, on 29 June 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

https://github.com/T...tcraft-Launcher

Yes it says Spoutcraft but is actually for Technic, they forked from Spout. I don't know why they haven't renamed it but oh well.
<generic> we are all back
<generic> it seems
<generic> and nickserv is working
<generic> s/back/black
<Zalgo> <generic> we are all black

#15 _insanity

_insanity

• 8 posts
  • Joined June 29, 2012

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostPandaz, on 30 June 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

Yes it says Spoutcraft but is actually for Technic, they forked from Spout. I don't know why they haven't renamed it but oh well.

Not very good in determining what I need there as everything seems best at that point. Could you tell me Pandaz what exactly I will need?

#16 Pandaz

Pandaz

• 167 posts
  • Joined January 19, 2012

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:23 AM

View Post_insanity, on 30 June 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

View PostPandaz, on 30 June 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

Not very good in determining what I need there as everything seems best at that point. Could you tell me Pandaz what exactly I will need?

What?
<generic> we are all back
<generic> it seems
<generic> and nickserv is working
<generic> s/back/black
<Zalgo> <generic> we are all black

#17 rakiru

rakiru

Judgmental Giraffe

• 3016 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

This thread is full of derp and retardery. OP, lrn2java then come back.
Error is my onii-chan
Posted Image

#18 _insanity

_insanity

• 8 posts
  • Joined June 29, 2012

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

Lolz! If you can't follow me at all, you guys are tools I guess. I pretty much explained myself the best I could there. Are you really that illiteral? I mean come on now! Its not that hard to understand what I was asking there. I know Java, thank you! I went to school for Java programming for a better use than to code retarded plugins/clients for a sandbox game.

#19 Loui5D

Loui5D

• 564 posts
  • Joined May 10, 2012

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

View Post_insanity, on 04 July 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

Lolz! If you can't follow me at all, you guys are tools I guess. I pretty much explained myself the best I could there. Are you really that illiteral? I mean come on now! Its not that hard to understand what I was asking there. I know Java, thank you! I went to school for Java programming for a better use than to code retarded plugins/clients for a sandbox game.

You sir are an incompetent, illiterate delinquent.
pro ammohax @ www.amohax.jimdo.com

#20 Squirrel

Squirrel

• 343 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

View Post_insanity, on 04 July 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

I know what you should do!

Since were all tools here who can't understand you and therefor we are all retarded since your question makes complete sense and we just don't have the mental capacity to understand it, maybe you should try to go ask your question at another forum that's filled with experienced coders who will all be able to understand you (aka hf).

Welcome to our forum! We would like to encourage you to contribute to our community by posting and talking in the shoutbox.

Please consider joining us by logging in or registering.