Technic Launcher and almost all Mods synopsis.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 mythbustee

mythbustee

Servant of Chuck Knoblock the one armed long arm of the Law

• 95 posts
  • Joined April 5, 2012

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

Technic and Tekkit
The Technic pack is a absolute massive amount of mods built into a launcher that downloads the mods and installs them to a separate folder than the standard Minecraft allowing you to play Vanilla and Technic without moving Jar's and Class files every time or Force-Updating. It also allows you to select what mods you would like to use. To my knowledge the mods are all still updated regularly in Tekkit all though Technic has fallen behind. Tekkit is the multiplayer version of Technic Pack removing some mobs and assorted items. Technic in a nutshell is you first make your basic base, get diamonds then start building a series of engine. You have to find oil to power more advanced engines which can be refined into the better fuel. You can have automated piping systems and automated mining system to do all the work for you. Nuclear reactors are also in the mod and explode massively when they are not cooled properly. Nuke's are also in the mod exploding even large and crashing most computers which is why the recipe is not shown in-game although Google might help you there.The highlights of Technic is you can have machines do almost everything for you, and you can sit back and relax. Technic pack provides hours of fun and frustration at the same time. It is a extremely content heavy mod with all of the machinery and ores added into the game. Recommended for people who have become bored with the standard Minecraft. NOTE: To run a Tekkit server you must get the special firmware from their website!You Cannot run a Tekkit server with standard Minecraft server software!
Yogbox
This "interesting" set of mods is not made by but used by the Minecraft sensation so to speak Yogscast with over 1 million subscribers they are one of the largest YouTube channels. These mods are very "extensive". They use REI mini map you start with wooden tools and in a large building thanking everyone that made a contribution to make the mods. They add new blocks such as Random ore where you can get anything from coal to a diamond! Upgraded NPC villages spawn just like in Technic/Tekkit and these villages allow quests that you can fulfill to get items from the village and eventually become the leader. It is a very content heavy mod and will certainly change the feel of the game from a Sandbox style game to a RPG type game. Recommended for people who have become bored with the standard Minecraft.

Voxel Modpack
I have not played this yet or have seen any videos on this. I have nothing so say about it for now.

Hack/Mine
This mod introduces another type of RPG type setting and allows the user to rank up within the Mod and attribute points they earn to various skills such as mining, wood cutting, and archery, etc. This mod spawns a number of new mobs including "powered creepers", centipede creepers, dire chickens, dire cows and rats. It also randomly generates above ground towers that users can go into and fight through several stories in order to get to a treasure chest at the top. Each level contains a different Mob spawner and will ave different mobs. This mod also generates large underground dungeons that players can access through above ground entrances. These dungeons have a number of rooms that include jumping puzzles, slime rooms, and archer rooms. Player are rewarded with treasure upon getting to the end of the dungeons. This mod is the most content heavy and introduces many new objects and enemies alike. Once again recommended for player that have become bored with the basic Minecraft
Vanilla
Basic vanilla Minecraft. Its just Vanilla.

Conclusion
The Technic launcher is free but you must own basic Minecraft to play as it does authenticate with Minecraft.net.
Link to Technic Launcher website:http://www.technicpack.net/
Yogscasts playing Technic:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd7KYnagZEs&feature=BFa&list=HL1342763468
Yogscasts: Duncan playing Tekkit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk58R6g7PGA&feature=BFa&list=HL1342763468
Yogscasts plays Hack/Mine mod pack:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT7DVzHcwCs&feature=plcp

Edited by mythbustee, 20 July 2012 - 12:54 AM.

#2 FN-GUMDROPZ

FN-GUMDROPZ

• 44 posts
  • Joined July 18, 2012

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

I love the tekkit launcher it's a cool thing to have on a server but all tekkit servers have mcbans...

#3 Montar25

Montar25

• 26 posts
  • Joined June 12, 2012

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

In my opinion, the modpacks can get overwhelming pretty fast, but once you learn the basics and what they do,then it's actually really fun.

Welcome to our forum! We would like to encourage you to contribute to our community by posting and talking in the shoutbox.

Please consider joining us by logging in or registering.