Anti-Xray

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 ajvpot

ajvpot

Demented Aftershock

• 890 posts
  • Joined April 27, 2011

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

I noticed Krysk had stated multiple times on the formspring that it is possible to bypass anti-xray plugins. How is this? I'd imagine any form of bypass wouldnt be very efficient, and at best work like the released "Make everything but ores transparent and dont set the client to render all blocks" texture pack (NOT rentgen) in the release forums.

With thisplugin set to send all stone to the client as ore, i dont think this would work at all unless you wrote some algorithm to find caves, then look for exposed ores in them, but again, it would only work like the texture pack without hacks.

Just some thoughts, and im curious

#2 Rallias

Rallias

Servant of Chuck Knoblock the one armed long arm of the Law

• 89 posts
  • Joined August 13, 2011

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

ajvpot said:

I noticed Krysk had stated multiple times on the formspring that it is possible to bypass anti-xray plugins. How is this? I'd imagine any form of bypass wouldnt be very efficient, and at best work like the released "Make everything but ores transparent and dont set the client to render all blocks" texture pack (NOT rentgen) in the release forums.

With thisplugin set to send all stone to the client as ore, i dont think this would work at all unless you wrote some algorithm to find caves, then look for exposed ores in them, but again, it would only work like the texture pack without hacks.

Shit coders made the anti-xray plugins. They're quite easy to bypass. I've done it myself.

#3 silv3rbullet

silv3rbullet

• 1193 posts
  • Joined July 22, 2011

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

Here's you can do it. (This is quite inefficient, but still works)

Get the seed of the server (I believe this is possible with Zombe's or something; I've never tried it).
Generate the seed yourself.
Find the diamonds, record their location.
Go to the location on the server.
vim is the best IDE around.

#4 ajvpot

ajvpot

Demented Aftershock

• 890 posts
  • Joined April 27, 2011

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

Rallias said:

ajvpot said:

Shit coders made the anti-xray plugins. They're quite easy to bypass. I've done it myself.

So you can bypass "All blocks are ores"? Please, tell me how, or point me in the right direction. It seems quite impossible, at least with the plugin linked in the OP.

silv3rbullet said:

Here's you can do it. (This is quite inefficient, but still works)

Get the seed of the server (I believe this is possible with Zombe's or something; I've never tried it).
Generate the seed yourself.
Find the diamonds, record their location.
Go to the location on the server.

Wow. I'll have to try that.

Edit: holy fuck it works. 0.o

That seems like an original feature for a client, anti anti xray. Assuming that your target audience has enough cpu power to generate a map as they go, as in singleplayer, you could just have a client generate chunks, and overlay the ores. However this doesnt account for mined ores.

#5 Cambrioleuse

Cambrioleuse

• 134 posts
  • Joined July 1, 2011

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

Would mined ores be reported as stone though?

My question is does air get converted into stone?

If you know that there is air where a diamond block should be then it's clearly mined.

#6 Rallias

Rallias

• 89 posts
  • Joined August 13, 2011

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:05 PM

[quote name="ajvpot"]
Shit coders made the anti-xray plugins. They're quite easy to bypass. I've done it myself.[/quote]

So you can bypass "All blocks are ores"? Please, tell me how, or point me in the right direction. It seems quite impossible, at least with the plugin linked in the OP.
[/quote]

Well, it takes quite a bit of ram, but if you keep a copy of the bukkit world generator, its not difficult.

#7 toasty

toasty

• 184 posts
  • Joined August 7, 2011

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

The issue with generating copies of the maps is that they are completely different to the server maps. Someone may have mined all the diamond you think is still there and replaced the empty blocks with lava. You then dig down to cash in on the diamond but end up swimming in lava. I haven't looked into it but there are better ways I'm sure.

#8 ajvpot

ajvpot

Demented Aftershock

• 890 posts
  • Joined April 27, 2011

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

I made an error in my previous post, I suppose mined ores would be air. I find it unlikely people would mine ores and replace them with lava if they didn't know that hackers were coming. Air is not replaced with stone or ores, so you'd be able to find mined ores by looking to see if there's air or some other block. Even if said people replaced them with lava, you could do a quick check of if (tempmap.block.type != block.diamondore) { //dont display on rentgen } seeing as things that arent diamondore simply arent diamondore, unless they replaced it back with stone which is REALLY unlikely. anything deadly like lava would be easily noticeable.

I don't have an issue with ram consumption, and i cant imagine it would be that bad. You could save the generated world to disk, reference it then delete it if it was really necessary.

#9 MuffinSeeker

MuffinSeeker

Retired Staff

• 2201 posts
  • Joined February 5, 2011

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

Moved to Programming, this thread is too intelligent for this section.
I <3 Posted Image ~,~@

#10 ajvpot

ajvpot

Demented Aftershock

• 890 posts
  • Joined April 27, 2011

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:33 AM

Note to self: Programming is the "intelligent" section.
So, anyone have more ideas on this. I may know how to prevent it, but i wont post it here. Im also working on coding an application to find ores. I'll keep you guys updated

#11 silv3rbullet

silv3rbullet

• 1193 posts
  • Joined July 22, 2011

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

Don't know how MC generates the ore veins, but what I would do is:
Create a thread (if on the client and you h4s t3h sup3r 4we0me supah komput4h).
On the thread, you're going to want to use the same Perlin Noise function as MC, and use the same code MC uses to generate ores.
It's probably something a long the lines of
double noise = octaves.noise(x, z);

if(noise > 0.3f)
{
	 chunk.setBlock(x, y, z, Block.coal);
}
So basically, check the chunks for ores just like that.
It'll probably slow your computer down, although I've never tried it before.

#12 >l:Cryo:l<

>l:Cryo:l<

Servant of Chuck Knoblock the one armed one man army

• 3 posts
  • Joined August 24, 2011

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:12 PM

ajvpot said:

If only there was a way to make texture packs toggleable in-game idk if this is possible
Do not question GLaDOS she has the the power to make all cake disappear

[img]http://i1037.photobu...images.jpg[/img]

#13 arco123

arco123

• 12 posts
  • Joined August 25, 2011

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:08 AM

I've seen loads of poorly coded things like that, a server I played on generated random (fake) diamond blocks and when you mined a block close to them they just disappeared.

This is effective against software that helps you find ores, but it's just biased in a way.

#14 Cambrioleuse

Cambrioleuse

• 134 posts
  • Joined July 1, 2011

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:35 AM

Well uhh muffinseeker effectively killed this thread.

What do you mean biased? Its attempt is to cause xray-ers to not see valuable ores below.

#15 ajvpot

ajvpot

Demented Aftershock

• 890 posts
  • Joined April 27, 2011

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

I have no idea what he means either. Im working on finding a way to generate a chunk. If anyone has a library for java, or really any other language, hit me up please.

#16 silv3rbullet

silv3rbullet

• 1193 posts
  • Joined July 22, 2011

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

ajvpot said:

I have no idea what he means either. Im working on finding a way to generate a chunk. If anyone has a library for java, or really any other language, hit me up please.

Pseudo-code (once again...):
AntiAntiXray extends Thread
{
	 run()
{
for(int x = 0; x < chunkswidth * chunkwidth; x++)
{
for(int y = 0; y < 128; y++)
{
for(int z = 0; z < chunkslength * chunkslength; z++)
{
float noise = perlinnoiseoctaves.noise(x, y, z);
if(noise > 0.4f)
	 chunk.get(x, y, z).setBlock(x, y, z, block.ore);
}
}
}

sleep(5000);
}
}

#17 Yomega

Yomega

• 35 posts
  • Joined September 4, 2011

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:18 PM

I wouldnt know for sure, but if the anti-xray code counts all blocks as ores, instead of coding xray to see ores code it to find only certain block IDs
[img]http://i1107.photobu...titled.jpg[/img]
Grief for fun, not for fame.

#18 Musiphonix

Musiphonix

• 387 posts
  • Joined August 4, 2011

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

Yomega said:

I wouldnt know for sure, but if the anti-xray code counts all blocks as ores, instead of coding xray to see ores code it to find only certain block IDs

Anti-xray sends all unexposed stone blocks to the client as ores.
I am a cockmongler, I had a cult in my signature and I have still failed to remove it in a timely manner.

#19 Yomega

Yomega

• 35 posts
  • Joined September 4, 2011

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

Musiphonix said:

Yomega said:

Yes but say you made an xray that only showed diamond ores. Unless it sent the stone blocks to the client as diamond ore, it would still work. As far as i have tested, most servers use iron ore in anti-xray.
[img]http://i1107.photobu...titled.jpg[/img]
Grief for fun, not for fame.

#20 ajvpot

ajvpot

Demented Aftershock

• 890 posts
  • Joined April 27, 2011

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:53 PM

Yomega said:

Musiphonix said:

Yomega said:

Yes but say you made an xray that only showed diamond ores. Unless it sent the stone blocks to the client as diamond ore, it would still work. As far as i have tested, most servers use iron ore in anti-xray.
Y u so derp?

It obfuscates ores as well as stone. It doesnt matter what they send to the client.

Welcome to our forum! We would like to encourage you to contribute to our community by posting and talking in the shoutbox.

Please consider joining us by logging in or registering.