7 replies to this topic

#1 MasterFux

MasterFux

Servant of Chuck Knoblock the one armed long arm of the Law

• 673 posts
  • Joined August 12, 2013
  • Male

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:10 PM

So, normally I would've just edited the first thread I posted about this with some pics and details, but this was honestly so much of a story in and of itself that I decided to give it its own thread. This is also going to be kind of long-winded, so I'll have a TL;DR.

First off, this is the first build I've ever made or received. I have received parts every now and then, but they were often suboptimal for my needs. My father and I had been planning this for quite awhile so by this point I was quite excited. Especially when I found out the parts had come in before I had even gotten home from school(and he had hidden them >:C). Anyway, he got home and we started working on everything fairly quickly. We fiddled around with the case a bit as the fan positions were a little weird, but probably because there wasn't a lot of places you could install the 140mm fan it came with. Put the motherboard in, PSU, CPU, HDD, GPU, etc. He helped me with holding some of the parts in place, and he also did the majority of cable management- and damn did it look nice. Look at this shit.
Posted Image
So, after all was said and done, we went to power it on. I expected we were going to have to strip everything down again to fix something and make sure everything was plugged in, especially since this was a first for both of us, but nope, everything powered on and was functioning correctly on the first go. By this point, I was fucking jubilant out of my mind. I took it into my room and hooked up everything to prepare for downloading windows. I opened the BIOS and was blown away by how easy UEFI was to manage. By this point, my dad walks in after doing other stuff to check everything out, and I get up and give him a hug. I don't even know what to say, so after about two seconds, I tell him thanks and almost immediately start crying. After another twenty seconds, I sit down at the computer and start configuring the BIOS with tears still running down my face, and it takes me about two minutes to pull myself together. After everything was configured, I started installing Windows 8.1. The whole process had taken around 3-4 hours, and I realized I hadn't eaten dinner- or anything for that matter since lunch. I got up and prepared my victory meal: noodles.
Posted ImageBest motherfucking noodles in my life.

TL;DR: Built a computer with my dad, got everything running, hugged him, bawled like a bitch for a few minutes, noodles.

And here's some additional photos for those who are interested:
More of dat cable management.
Spoiler
The fruits of our efforts.
Spoiler
Dat UEFI BIOS.
Spoiler
The Dream in action.
Spoiler
The battlestation in action(Tissues are, unfortunately, not for fapping. Being sick sucks.).
Spoiler
Aaand that's pretty much it. Hope you enjoyed this thread as well as my terrible-looking face after slaving over this thing for the time I did. In all honesty, I cannot recall having been happier in my life. I'm glad to have shared this with you guys. Peace!

"POPULAR" POST
AREN'T YOU A SPECIAL FUCKING SNOWFLAKE

Edited by MasterFux, 26 February 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#2 iPickedScout

iPickedScout

Lunchbox, Master of Racism

• 666 posts
  • Joined June 11, 2012
  • Male

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:52 PM

Looks good man, my wiring is much worse than that, so props to you. Also, don't make up such an absurd lie. The tissues are because you're "sick"? HAH.
Team Lunchbox Leader.

WhatsCS said:

That's because you have an innate fear of vibrators.

Vosenbergen said:

It's like a cute little lion baby, except its penis is inside of her.

THE PROXY RULE: How many proxies do you need? 18 - age of the girl you're watching

#3 Anonymously

Anonymously

• 6 posts
  • Joined December 17, 2014
  • Male
  • LocationNorth Korea

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:56 PM

I Built A Build - Masterfux 2015

#4 Remy

Remy

• 461 posts
  • Joined August 14, 2014
  • Male

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

Came for the build, stayed for the noodles.

Overall, 9/10 bretty good m80.

Posted Image

#5 MasterFux

MasterFux

• 673 posts
  • Joined August 12, 2013
  • Male

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:41 PM

View PostiPickedScout, on 26 February 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

Looks good man, my wiring is much worse than that, so props to you. Also, don't make up such an absurd lie. The tissues are because you're "sick"? HAH.
But I'm not. :c

#6 agrecascino

agrecascino

• 96 posts
  • Joined December 1, 2014
  • Male

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:29 PM

Oh my, my build looks really close to yours http://imgur.com/unGIN8z in the first picture

Edited by agrecascino, 26 February 2015 - 10:31 PM.

Yeah, no.

#7 Puddleduck

Puddleduck

Limbs removed by the Grinch

• 3927 posts
  • Joined November 17, 2011
  • Male
  • LocationThe Tinterweb

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:33 PM

I'm happy for you.

Posted Image

I'm a duck who doesn't afraid of anything.

Why not check out my YouTube channel here?

#8 CARVERitUP

CARVERitUP

I work at a brewery

• 4970 posts
  • Joined August 5, 2011
  • Male
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:31 AM

View PostAnonymously, on 26 February 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

I Built A Build - Masterfux 2015

Please stop posting pointless things that don't add anything to the discussion. I don't want to have to suspend your posting rights.

Established in 2011

Facebook|Twitter|Soundcloud|TShirts|Youtube

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to our forum! We would like to encourage you to contribute to our community by posting and talking in the shoutbox.

Please consider joining us by logging in or registering.