Really weird issue with my internet / PC...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Meowingtons

Meowingtons

Servant of Chuck Knoblock the one armed long arm of the Law

• 296 posts
  • Joined July 22, 2012
  • Female
  • LocationJapan

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:00 AM

Yo guys, last night I encountered a really weird problem with my internet after using a microsoft hotfix for disabling IPv6. I am able to connect to steam, play online through steam but not EUW League of Legends (can actually get on NA)...

This is the error message when I troubleshoot:
Posted Image
So I googled the problem, I've tried using all sort of fixes including reverting my PC back to a restore point (it didn't work), using cmd commands to reset my DNS (not doing anything). It's really weird and I just can't seem to fix this shit.

Here's some more info:
Posted Image
The speed seems to have drastically rose as it usually sits at ~ 144 mbps with my ISP, BT.
Nobody else in my house is having this issue, and I've reset the internet several times.
I say this occured after I disabled ipv6, turned out I had disabled it before and it was fine so I essentially disabled it twice? I'm afraid to touch those hotfixes on microsoft again but I feel they do play a part in this as it seems to be the only notable thing that's caused this.

Also, I've virus scanned several times (as suggested on the post I made on reddit...) and nothing has came up. I don't even have a fucking proxy or vpn installed.

Any help is appreciated, I'm very desperate at this point as I have no money to repair this.

View PostRkRx-Pro, on 20 July 2015 - 10:28 PM, said:

haha fuck niggers :D

#2 Meowingtons

Meowingtons

• 296 posts
  • Joined July 22, 2012
  • Female
  • LocationJapan

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:07 AM

Okay... This is weird... I am now able to connect to the EU LoL servers but when I troubleshoot, I am still receiving the same error. I'd really like to resolve this incase it proves a problem later on.

#3 Zongo

Zongo

• 725 posts
  • Joined July 20, 2012
  • Male

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:25 PM

Why would you disable ipv6 in the first place? Sure it's not doing anything yet, but it's not doing any harm either.
Windows is most likely just whining about ipv6 not being set up then. You shouldn't really worry about that imo. IPv6 is a long way off of being widely used.

If you click properties in the window of the last pic you posted, is the IPv6 line checked? That would be the most obvious thing I can think of off the top of my head.
I like pizza.

#4 BeeJesus

BeeJesus

• 1336 posts
  • Joined February 20, 2012
  • Male

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

Sounds like a DNS problem that has resolved (hahahaha) itself, as they frustratingly often do. Unless there's something wrong, there's nothing wrong.

Usually.

Edited by BeeJesus, 18 August 2015 - 04:16 PM.

Posted Image

MOLTEN NIPPLE MOUNDS

#5 Meowingtons

Meowingtons

• 296 posts
  • Joined July 22, 2012
  • Female
  • LocationJapan

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:00 PM

Update: I fixed it.
Turns out I had to do something with internet explorer (which I have never used), fixing the error completely. Weird as fuck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to our forum! We would like to encourage you to contribute to our community by posting and talking in the shoutbox.

Please consider joining us by logging in or registering.