3 replies to this topic

#1 MasterFux

MasterFux

Servant of Chuck Knoblock the one armed long arm of the Law

• 666 posts
  • Joined August 12, 2013
  • Male

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:59 AM

Read title. In the middle of a stream, I realized I was unable to Alt+tab or Ctrl+alt+del. I tried both alt keys but with no success. I realized shortly after that it wasn't that the shortcuts were disabled, it was the alt keys themselves that weren't working. I was wondering if this is hardware, software, windows, something. I have a Razor Blackwidow, and the only thing I can think of that would damage it is spilling my drink on it like 2 months ago. But there wasn't any damage done at the time and I'm not entirely sure why would just suddenly surface now on two keys. Anyway, any help is appreciated since Google can't seem to provide any. Thanks!

#2 Asp4yxiat10n

Asp4yxiat10n

Cynical Asshole

• 340 posts
  • Joined August 16, 2012
  • Male
  • LocationFuck you Strumland

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:29 AM

Try using onscreen keyboard to determine if it's a fault within windows.
Reinstall drivers, restart, etc.
And look up how to remove keys from the blackwidow, theres probably some shitty guide someone put up that'll show the safest way to do so.

I have a blog now, I very rarely write things: https://asp4yxiat10n.wordpress.com/

Posted Image

#3 MasterFux

MasterFux

• 666 posts
  • Joined August 12, 2013
  • Male

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:24 AM

So while I was in the middle of doing stuff, alt keys just started working again out of nowhere. Thanks for the help tho!

#4 Repost

Repost

• 379 posts
  • Joined January 7, 2013
  • Male
  • Locationda USA

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:07 AM

I had a similar problem recently with my shit monoprice keyboard. It was with control though. Happened when I was cleaning out my keyboard, and magically resolved itself. Seems to be the way of things. When in doubt just wait until the problem fixes itself..
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to our forum! We would like to encourage you to contribute to our community by posting and talking in the shoutbox.

Please consider joining us by logging in or registering.