#41 MasterFux

MasterFux

Servant of Chuck Knoblock the one armed long arm of the Law

• 666 posts
  • Joined August 12, 2013
  • Male

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:23 PM

View Postblind7125, on 20 February 2016 - 01:13 AM, said:

Wrong motherboard buddy, that's the MSI Gaming 5 on BIOS update bricking, not the Gigabyte one. This board also has dual BIOS, so you're kinda dumb.
Notice how six out of the seven actual "BIOS brick" results are MSI when the fucking search is for Gigabyte? Even so the MSI problem was only a coinflip if you were stupid and used the live update. Updating through USB is always how you should do it considering Asus and Asrock had problems with their update utilities too.

On the last part, just nigga what? The Gigabyte gaming 5 has supported almost all chipsets since their release. The entirety of Haswell and most of its refresh were supported from the original F3 BIOS. Broadwell and some of the Haswell refresh were the only Intel chips that required a BIOS update, and you can't fault them for that considering the chips came out after the board.

Here's gigabyte calling you a retard: http://www.gigabyte....p.aspx?pid=4953
Nice stats. Shame you weren't sharp enough to catch the difference between Z97 and Z97X. Not only getting that wrong, you didn't even mention GIGABYTE in the post. I guess I was supposed to figure that one out with my magical ability to detect context clues that you didn't include. You also got the BIOS issue wrong, M-Flash was actually the coin flip. If you did a live update, your board was pretty much fucked unless you got extremely lucky(like 1/6 or something). Check yoself.

Also, somebody downvote for me because I fat-fingered it.

Edited by MasterFux, 22 February 2016 - 10:05 PM.

#42 greengreens1

greengreens1

• 475 posts
  • Joined September 10, 2011
  • Male
  • LocationChicago

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:57 PM

Trying to sell 3% difference of ~1-4 frames gg Blind
Posted Image
But really OP, the only reason I got the 970 over the 390 was due to finding it at $200. Have had no problems with it and can handle most things I throw at it.

Edited by greengreens1, 22 February 2016 - 10:59 PM.

Onees for days

Steam: http://steamcommunit.../uncoloredspoon
PSN: greengreens123

#43 blind7125

blind7125

• 3029 posts
  • Joined January 30, 2012
  • Male
  • LocationNether...

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:18 AM

View PostMasterFux, on 22 February 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

Nice stats. Shame you weren't sharp enough to catch the difference between Z97 and Z97X. Not only getting that wrong, you didn't even mention GIGABYTE in the post. I guess I was supposed to figure that one out with my magical ability to detect context clues that you didn't include. You also got the BIOS issue wrong, M-Flash was actually the coin flip. If you did a live update, your board was pretty much fucked unless you got extremely lucky(like 1/6 or something). Check yoself.

Also, somebody downvote for me because I fat-fingered it.

Okay, you're a joke.

-Google with z97x, and what do you find? No difference, my point remains perfectly valid. Actually, there's zero results for a bricked Gigabyte board, and MSI is second to the top. Wow, you are really fucking dumb. Out of the other two stupid points you raised, this one takes the cake for making you look like an idiot.

-Actually, it was made known that I had a Gigabyte board, you just can't read. The conversation Zongo and I had was centered on a gigabyte board of his having mounting issues. If you had reading comp skills greater than that of a kindergartner, you'd know I had a Gigabyte board.

View Postblind7125, on 19 February 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

Good to know for me as well. My Z97 Gaming 5 was pretty great on mounting and such. Hopefully the UD3 problems don't extend to all their Z170 boards.

-Did I ever say to use M-Flash? If you go back, you'll see that I stated "updating through USB" in a general conversation about BIOS updating on all boards.  For the most part M-Flash is pretty safe, but MSI recommended you use the following USB tool: https://forum-en.msi...?topic=116721.0

So, let's sum up what we have here. The first is a non-point because the result doesn't change no matter how specific you get, and the other two are failures at reading comprehension. Wow, just wow.

Posted Image

Edited by blind7125, 23 February 2016 - 12:39 AM.

Posted Image

Muffinseeker said:

[3:06:31 PM] MuffinSeeker: Blind why do you like sex so much?

#44 blind7125

blind7125

• 3029 posts
  • Male
  • LocationNether...

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:28 AM

View Postgreengreens1, on 22 February 2016 - 10:57 PM, said:

Trying to sell 3% difference of ~1-4 frames gg Blind

But really OP, the only reason I got the 970 over the 390 was due to finding it at $200. Have had no problems with it and can handle most things I throw at it.

The performance really isn't that big of a deal. I just bought the card before a lot of the issues with it were made known. I really wish I had the full 4gb for some games, it didn't whine like a banshee while playing old games, or outright just crash (With this last piece being really specific to the family of EVGA cards I got). The crashes have minimized for now, but I'm also not really playing the games that make it a big issue. For when the card does work though, it performs well. It's just, why get this thing when you could get a 390 which is better?

double post lol.

Edited by blind7125, 23 February 2016 - 12:34 AM.

Posted Image

Muffinseeker said:

#45 asmcint

asmcint

• 918 posts
  • Joined September 4, 2013
  • Male

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:46 AM

View Postblind7125, on 23 February 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

The performance really isn't that big of a deal. I just bought the card before a lot of the issues with it were made known. I really wish I had the full 4gb for some games, it didn't whine like a banshee while playing old games, or outright just crash (With this last piece being really specific to the family of EVGA cards I got). The crashes have minimized for now, but I'm also not really playing the games that make it a big issue. For when the card does work though, it performs well. It's just, why get this thing when you could get a 390 which is better?

double post lol.

The 390 is actually a pretty even tradeoff with the 970 in a lot of ways. Pretty much just a matter of whether or not more VRAM means that much to you.

#46 Xero-Space

Xero-Space

I wish I had a usertitle

• 5448 posts
  • Joined November 28, 2011
  • Male
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:23 AM

Everyone in this thread

Posted Image

#47 asmcint

asmcint

• 918 posts
  • Joined September 4, 2013
  • Male

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:29 AM

View PostXero-Space, on 23 February 2016 - 01:23 AM, said:

Everyone in this thread

Posted Image

Excuse me, you have it all wrong. This is us:

Posted Image

#48 blind7125

blind7125

• 3029 posts
  • Male
  • LocationNether...

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:10 AM

View Postasmcint, on 23 February 2016 - 12:46 AM, said:

The 390 is actually a pretty even tradeoff with the 970 in a lot of ways. Pretty much just a matter of whether or not more VRAM means that much to you.

Exactly. I wasn't really debating the performance differences between the two. The 970 beats the 390 sometimes, and likewise the other way around. It's the extra features surrounding the 390 that make it the go to choice for me.
Posted Image

Muffinseeker said:

#49 MasterFux

MasterFux

• 666 posts
  • Joined August 12, 2013
  • Male

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:51 AM

View PostXero-Space, on 23 February 2016 - 01:23 AM, said:

Everyone in this thread

Posted Image
Especially me.

View Postblind7125, on 23 February 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

Okay, you're a joke.

-Chicken chicken chicken, chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken? Chicken chicken, chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken. Chicken, chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken Chicken chicken, chicken CHICKEN chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken. Chicken, chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken. Chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken, chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken.
Posted Image

#50 greengreens1

greengreens1

• 475 posts
  • Joined September 10, 2011
  • Male
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

View Postblind7125, on 23 February 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

double post lol.
I was really thinking about the 390 for a long while due to also having an FX 8350 in the comp I built, but finding a 970 for $200 and having a tight budget was just too good to pass up over all for me.
Onees for days

Steam: http://steamcommunit.../uncoloredspoon
PSN: greengreens123

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to our forum! We would like to encourage you to contribute to our community by posting and talking in the shoutbox.

Please consider joining us by logging in or registering.