#1 Lynx OGrady

Lynx OGrady

Limbs removed by the Grinch

• 1646 posts
  • Joined August 25, 2011
  • Male
  • Location22 Acacia Avenue

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:55 PM

SO LADIES AND GENTS! Fuckin... live concerts right? They're awesome and great because you get to meet thousands of people with the same musical taste and as an added bonus, you get to see the very people who created this beloved music of yours.

So! back a couple days on the 9th, I saw Death Angel, Anthrax and Slayer over in Cleveland. Awesome show, got tickets for the pit and was not disappointed. I got a few videos, unfortunately, i wish I had something better than my I-potato-touch because, despite the name, it apparently hates being touched when recording. So Death Angel started out and the video i took came out so shitty that... Im not posting them, which sucks because they killed it (for a relatively small set too...) After them was Anthrax, then Slayer.

So if you can deal with potato quality, here is a few clips. Oh... and for the sake of the thread, lets hear some Concert stories/ see some live shows.

Fuckin.. SLAYER

Also... I should point out, its damn near impossible to record video while up front at a Slayer show.

They say that life's a carousel, Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well, The world is full of Kings and Queens, Who blind your eyes then steal your dreams... it's Heaven and Hell, oh well

And they'll tell you black is really white, The moon is just the sun at night, And when you walk in golden halls, You get to keep the gold that falls, It's Heaven and Hell

#2 blind7125

blind7125

Servant of Chuck Knoblock the one armed long arm of the Law

• 3034 posts
  • Joined January 30, 2012
  • Male
  • LocationNether...

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:04 PM

Edited by blind7125, 11 September 2016 - 04:07 PM.

Posted Image

Muffinseeker said:

[3:06:31 PM] MuffinSeeker: Blind why do you like sex so much?

#3 asmcint

asmcint

• 932 posts
  • Joined September 4, 2013
  • Male

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

Tbh the only concerts I've ever been to have been for country music. One Gretchen Wilson concert and one Miranda Lambert concert(my sister managed to snag passes so we could actually meet Miranda, that was nice.) For both I was 11-13. Good shows too, IMO.

And to share live music...

Can we talk about how Hetfield butchered the song that time? I understand some experimentation with the established melody is common when singing live, but Hetfield took it well beyond that and just generally gave an awful performance for that song.

#4 Cym4tic

Cym4tic

• 1136 posts
  • Joined April 19, 2012
  • Male
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:20 PM

I've seen a few concerts at the House of Blues on Euclid.

Great venue, especially for the punk shows I went to

https://youtu.be/LgX2rPW3HxI

Edited by Cym4tic, 11 September 2016 - 08:22 PM.

nice

#5 Tomatoesalad

Tomatoesalad

• 1062 posts
  • Joined March 13, 2012
  • Male
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 September 2016 - 10:06 PM

Dropkick Muphys are incredible live, I recommend bringing a flask

Posted Image

Signature by Kavemium.

#6 Lynx OGrady

Lynx OGrady

• 1646 posts
  • Joined August 25, 2011
  • Male

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostCym4tic, on 11 September 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

I've seen a few concerts at the House of Blues on Euclid.

Great venue, especially for the punk shows I went to

https://youtu.be/LgX2rPW3HxI

Unfortunately i missed it because of work but Amon Amarth was at the House Of Blues back in... April?
Also... been on Euclid, not to The House of Blues yet. Hopefully, its on the good side of Euclid? (Is there a good side of Euclid? I mean...)
They say that life's a carousel, Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well, The world is full of Kings and Queens, Who blind your eyes then steal your dreams... it's Heaven and Hell, oh well

And they'll tell you black is really white, The moon is just the sun at night, And when you walk in golden halls, You get to keep the gold that falls, It's Heaven and Hell

#7 Cym4tic

Cym4tic

• 1136 posts
  • Joined April 19, 2012
  • Male
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:11 AM

View PostLynx OGrady, on 12 September 2016 - 06:41 AM, said:

Unfortunately i missed it because of work but Amon Amarth was at the House Of Blues back in... April?
Also... been on Euclid, not to The House of Blues yet. Hopefully, its on the good side of Euclid? (Is there a good side of Euclid? I mean...)

if you walk to the venue, you're probably fine. If you drove there like I did, try to park as close to Public Square as you can. Some of the parking garages are in weird areas, especially when the show is over around midnight. Had a homeless guy following me under some scaffolding, yelling at me about something lmao.

I think I parked on E 6th or Ontario, so the walk was only a few blocks but all the drunks were out haha

nice

#8 BeeJesus

BeeJesus

• 1337 posts
  • Joined February 20, 2012
  • Male

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:04 PM

Going to see Die Antwoord and Chance the Rapper in the coming couple months.

Somebody I've wanted to see for a while is Fall Out Boy. Pretty much everything they've released since their hiatus has been mediocre, but now that Pat Stump weighs 100 pounds less and their live sound team no longer sucks ass, their live shows are pretty rad (and they basically only play their old shit, to boot).

https://www.youtube....h?v=EEQgYbYNVT8

Edited by BeeJesus, 14 September 2016 - 06:06 PM.

Posted Image

MOLTEN NIPPLE MOUNDS

#9 Lynx OGrady

Lynx OGrady

• 1646 posts
  • Joined August 25, 2011
  • Male

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:24 PM

View PostCym4tic, on 12 September 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

if you walk to the venue, you're probably fine. If you drove there like I did, try to park as close to Public Square as you can. Some of the parking garages are in weird areas, especially when the show is over around midnight. Had a homeless guy following me under some scaffolding, yelling at me about something lmao.

I think I parked on E 6th or Ontario, so the walk was only a few blocks but all the drunks were out haha

haha. Speaking of Cleveland Venue's my boss told me of a time he saw Anthrax at The Agora back in 95. A guy he said, who was easily 400lbs or more, tried to stage dive, but it looked more like the parting of the red sea. He jumped, everyone scattered and he hit the ground like a bag bricks. Security pulls him to his feet and he bloodied and missing a tooth, but still like "YEA WWOOOO ANTHRAX!!"

Edited by Lynx OGrady, 15 September 2016 - 08:25 PM.

#10 LOLLMAO

LOLLMAO

• 5 posts
  • Joined September 17, 2016
  • Male

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:02 PM

Great

#11 Remy

Remy

• 475 posts
  • Joined August 14, 2014
  • Male

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:20 AM

Been really getting to Retrowave and Electronic beats over the past few months, listening to shit like Mitch Murder, Perturbator, Trevor Something, Lazerhawk, Kavinsky, Dance with the Dead, DANGER, Carpenter Brut and VHS Glitch. And Is wear, one of these days, I'm going to sell one of my kidneys and my left nut to go see Carpenter Brut live. Here's him doing a cover of Flashdance's Maniac.

And some DANGER for good measure.

Posted Image

#12 Lynx OGrady

Lynx OGrady

• 1646 posts
  • Joined August 25, 2011
  • Male

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:52 AM

FUCKIN' MORE LIVE SHOWS MENG!!!!

Courtesy of Cleveland's House Of Blues

#13 Legion

Legion

• 1253 posts
  • Joined May 8, 2011
  • Male
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

The best by far is deadmau5 for me.

I saw something not dissimilar to this video here, time stamped my faovorite part too 1:37:00 if it doesnt work.

It was incredible.

https://youtu.be/bNmZ_Qaelac?t=5504

Edited by Legion, 10 April 2017 - 08:10 AM.

SPQR   ///////  SOUNDCLOUD   ///////  BANDCAMP
Posted Image

#14 Lynx OGrady

Lynx OGrady

• 1646 posts
  • Joined August 25, 2011
  • Male

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to our forum! We would like to encourage you to contribute to our community by posting and talking in the shoutbox.

Please consider joining us by logging in or registering.