#1 Xero-Space

Xero-Space

I wish I had a usertitle

• 5461 posts
  • Joined November 28, 2011
  • Male
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

For Honor is a game that just came out where you can play as either a knight, a viking, or a samurai, and duel it out against others in either a 1v1/2v2 brawl, or 4v4 in either elimination, deathmatch, or point capture.

As someone who thought this game was gonna be actual dogshit and was actually surprised how much I enjoyed it when I played it, let me lay it down.

I have 3 main gripes with the game. First off, there's the P2P connection, which actually isn't TERRIBLE for 1v1, but dedicated servers would have been a MUCH better option for a game like this, especially for the 4v4 modes.

Secondly, there's the ability to buy the in game currency with real life money. This wouldn't be a bad thing if the cosmetic armors didn't have stat adjustments added to them in the 4v4 modes, and would be at least a little bit better if the rate that you earned the in game currency was a bit faster.

Last thing is something that isn't a problem with MOST people, but can be an issue regardless, is the fact that you HAVE to be online to play the game. For a game that comes with a single player campaign, and people likely picking it up for just the campaign wouldn't be able to if they did not have an internet connection. It's not as bad as the Sim City debacle, but is still worth noting.

On to the good things. The gameplay is fantastic, it's simple enough that you can easily pick it up, but has enough depth to it that makes it hard to master it completely. Think of it like a fighting game, where a newer player can pick the game up and do some basic things really easily, but an experienced good player can pull off some amazing combos with relative ease.

The animations are on point, attack animations look and feel as if they have weight to them, parries feel incredibly satisfying, the characters movement feels good to how they look, and the various movements in combat seems very spot on to how one would expect a knight, viking, or samurai to move.

The game runs EXTREMELY well, and looks very good even on low settings. A GTX 970 can run the game at a solid 60 FPS at 1080p at max settings minus supersampling anti-aliasing with only around 2 of the 3.5 usable VRAM being used. Given that I don't have a rig with a card that can run 4k, I can't say how well it runs on max at 4k.

Honestly I do believe this game is a good game, outside of those glaring issues. If you like games with good sword play and enjoyable battles, it's a good pick up.

TL;DR Its an actual good game made by Ubisoft, who would've thought

Gameplay video on how to properly play:

Edited by Xero-Space, 17 February 2017 - 09:56 PM.

#2 Lynx OGrady

Lynx OGrady

Limbs removed by the Grinch

• 1646 posts
  • Joined August 25, 2011
  • Male
  • Location22 Acacia Avenue

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:14 AM

I played it during the open beta last week and did enjoy it, although... $60 is bit much for me (at the moment) which is why i didn't jump on it right away. But good to hear that its a solid game after its relase

Ran great on my GeForce GTX 770 too. had no issues and everything still looked good and crisp
They say that life's a carousel, Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well, The world is full of Kings and Queens, Who blind your eyes then steal your dreams... it's Heaven and Hell, oh well

And they'll tell you black is really white, The moon is just the sun at night, And when you walk in golden halls, You get to keep the gold that falls, It's Heaven and Hell

#3 greengreens1

greengreens1

Servant of Chuck Knoblock the one armed long arm of the Law

• 501 posts
  • Joined September 10, 2011
  • Male
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:30 PM

Posted Image

Really been loving this game
Onees for days

Steam: http://steamcommunit.../uncoloredspoon
PSN: greengreens123

#4 117

• 22 posts
  • Joined January 30, 2013
  • Male

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:33 AM

View PostLynx OGrady, on 18 February 2017 - 06:14 AM, said:

$60 is bit much for me (at the moment) which is why i didn't jump on it right away.

same
when your mate smok dat dank weed :/

#5 Lynx OGrady

Lynx OGrady

• 1646 posts
  • Joined August 25, 2011
  • Male
  • Location22 Acacia Avenue

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:53 AM

View Post117, on 19 February 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

same

Come to find out (and also remember a part of this) thy're doing micro transactions for bullshit, when you first get the game, you only have half of the skill tree unlocked and you have to buy a season pass ($30) in order to unlock the other half AND you have to buy it each season.

I was a but off about throwing down $60, but $60 + $30 every season? nope... Sorry Ubisoft.
They say that life's a carousel, Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well, The world is full of Kings and Queens, Who blind your eyes then steal your dreams... it's Heaven and Hell, oh well

And they'll tell you black is really white, The moon is just the sun at night, And when you walk in golden halls, You get to keep the gold that falls, It's Heaven and Hell

#6 Safe

Safe

• 5 posts
  • Joined February 9, 2017
  • Male

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

Heard about this game a lot, not something i could see myself playing and would rather spend my $60 on food and BDSM toys.

#7 Puddleduck

Puddleduck

• 3936 posts
  • Joined November 17, 2011
  • Male
  • LocationThe Tinterweb

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

View PostLynx OGrady, on 19 February 2017 - 01:53 AM, said:

Come to find out (and also remember a part of this) thy're doing micro transactions for bullshit, when you first get the game, you only have half of the skill tree unlocked and you have to buy a season pass ($30) in order to unlock the other half AND you have to buy it each season.

I was a but off about throwing down $60, but $60 + $30 every season? nope... Sorry Ubisoft.
What can you expect, if they make a good game they have to fuck it up somehow.

Posted Image

I'm a duck who doesn't afraid of anything.

Why not check out my YouTube channel here?

#8 Xero-Space

Xero-Space

I wish I had a usertitle

• 5461 posts
  • Joined November 28, 2011
  • Male
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:19 AM

View PostLynx OGrady, on 19 February 2017 - 01:53 AM, said:

Not sure where you read this but that's completely false. Most of everything can be unlocked by playing the game, and the season pass is all early access to future content and cosmetics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to our forum! We would like to encourage you to contribute to our community by posting and talking in the shoutbox.

Please consider joining us by logging in or registering.