How to bypass OpenDNS blocking system?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 LikeABoss

LikeABoss

Servant of Chuck Knoblock the one armed long arm of the Law

• 63 posts
  • Joined October 22, 2011

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:53 AM

Ok, my older brother apparently did something to make my parents install/add a parental blocker called "OpenDNS". I have no problem with my parents having a blocking system if it is only used to block things that are bad, however, they went overboard on it (or the blocker came preinstalled like this) and it seems to have blocked nearly every major website (Youtube, Facebook, ect.). I tried Google searching a way to bypass it, but no solutions (that work, that is) came up. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how exactly you can bypass it?
When life gives you lemons, squirt them in people's eyes.

#2 Skorchy

Skorchy

• 91 posts
  • Joined December 13, 2011

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Open Network Connections, Open TCP/IP Properties, Select "Use the following DNS Server Addresses" and type in a different DNS server.

Edited by Skorchy, 29 February 2012 - 12:55 AM.

#3 eonrulz

eonrulz

High Energy Posterior Accelerator

• 1949 posts
  • Joined February 2, 2012

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:56 AM

How about... You explain to your parents why having some sites (e.g. Facebook,, Youtube) is ok? Maybe that way, if you open a dialogue, you'll be able to come to a compromise all parties are happy with. Else, you're just going to be sneaking around, lying about doing it, and the eventual backlash when - not if - they find out will be even more severe as a result.

At the very least, you might be able to understand why your parents think it necessary to block these sites from you.
eonrulz: "The Standard Strapon Model is constructed with Strapon Quantum Field Theory (SQFT), for which the elementary strapon particles appear as vibrator excitations of the quantum dildo fields."

#4 LikeABoss

LikeABoss

• 63 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

View PostSkorchy, on 29 February 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

Open Network Connections, Open TCP/IP Properties, Select "Use the following DNS Server Addresses" and type in a different DNS server.

Right, about that. I don't know of any DNS Servers. The Google Public Servers don't work for me.

View Posteonrulz, on 29 February 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

How about... You explain to your parents why having some sites (e.g. Facebook,, Youtube) is ok? Maybe that way, if you open a dialogue, you'll be able to come to a compromise all parties are happy with. Else, you're just going to be sneaking around, lying about doing it, and the eventual backlash when - not if - they find out will be even more severe as a result.

At the very least, you might be able to understand why your parents think it necessary to block these sites from you.

Sorry for the double post, but my parents are strange. They are very strict with some things, and then other things, not so much. They are strict with what websites we use, but they don't care much about lying. Sure, they will scold us about lying to them, but they will never ground us.

#5 blind7125

blind7125

• 2601 posts
  • Joined January 30, 2012

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

Ha my parents are divorced. My mom is the bible beater, and had the program called Spectre or Spector installed. It was worse than yours as I didn't even know it was there for a few months since it shows no sign in the tray or task manager. On the flip side my dad doesn't give a shit and he lets me stay up late, play whatever games, and do pretty much anything. I am 17 now and just learned to deal with it till I turn 18 and move out, and you should remember your parents are always right even if it seems arbitrary. You should try to talk to them, and then if they say no leave it at that.

OR: depending on your internet connection like ATT for instance in their routers they send you they have the ability to disable automatically finding a DNS, and they will give you a new one every time. Just be aware that it can possibly cause your internet to crash a lot, as mine would shut down a lot when I used something too intensive like games or streaming until I rechecked that option
Posted Image

Muffinseeker said:

[3:06:31 PM] MuffinSeeker: Blind why do you like sex so much?

#6 marijuana

marijuana

• 193 posts
  • Joined January 5, 2012

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

Try ultra surf.
Posted Image

#7 Facebook

Facebook

Manhood and Limbs removed by the Grinch

• 641 posts
  • Joined December 14, 2011

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

"public DNS servers"

#8 LikeABoss

LikeABoss

• 63 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

View Postmarijuana, on 29 February 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

Try ultra surf.
Didn't work. The website is blocked.

View PostTheKingOfRedLions, on 29 February 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

"public DNS servers"
That didn't work either. I can't find any public DNS servers other than the Google ones, and they don't work for me for some reason.

#9 LikeABoss

LikeABoss

• 63 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:13 AM

I honestly can't figure out anyway to bypass it. I'm kind of starting to get pissed now, especially since it seems to have blocked every anonymizer and anonymizer program (it even blocked TOR). Does anyone have any solutions? Any at all?

#10 eonrulz

eonrulz

High Energy Posterior Accelerator

• 1949 posts
  • Joined February 2, 2012

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

I still think you should do this.
eonrulz: "The Standard Strapon Model is constructed with Strapon Quantum Field Theory (SQFT), for which the elementary strapon particles appear as vibrator excitations of the quantum dildo fields."

#11 LikeABoss

LikeABoss

• 63 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:37 AM

View Posteonrulz, on 04 March 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

I still think you should do this.

I actually tried that yesterday, and my father just shrugged his shoulders and basically told me that since him and my mom work alot they don't have time to monitor every site that I go on, and they also don't have time to create a website whitelist (that isn't true, they have time, they just won't) so everything is remaining blocked. I am somewhat suprised that these forums didn't get blocked, because 95% of the forums I used to go on are now blocked by the filter. It seems that they have set up a setting on the OpenDNS or something that doesn't allow me to change what DNS server I use, so that option is now out of the picture.

#12 Puddleduck

Puddleduck

Limbs removed by the Grinch

• 3629 posts
  • Joined November 17, 2011

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

I feel youI feel your pain... my parents have installed Norton family protect or whatever its called... but it is no way as strict as yours! My dad actually took the time to whitelist reasonable sites.

I'm a duck who doesn't afraid of anything.

Why not check out my YouTube channel here?

#13 TheLimaBeanman

TheLimaBeanman

• 204 posts
  • Joined January 25, 2012

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

Sorry for ya brah.
Storm gave me a life-long happyness with letting me watch SpongeBob again.
Posted Image

#14 wickedplayer494

wickedplayer494

• 387 posts
  • Joined December 1, 2011

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

View PostLikeABoss, on 29 February 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

View PostSkorchy, on 29 February 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

Right, about that. I don't know of any DNS Servers. The Google Public Servers don't work for me.
You sure you're not typing in something like dns.google.com for some reason? If you didn't (and you shouldn't), are you sure you tried both 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4? If you happen to have IPv6 support (this site will tell you if you do or not), then it's 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844.

#15 blind7125

blind7125

• 2601 posts
  • Joined January 30, 2012

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

I know an idea. Buy your own computer
Posted Image

Muffinseeker said:

[3:06:31 PM] MuffinSeeker: Blind why do you like sex so much?

#16 LikeABoss

LikeABoss

• 63 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

View Postwickedplayer494, on 04 March 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

You sure you're not typing in something like dns.google.com for some reason? If you didn't (and you shouldn't), are you sure you tried both 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4? If you happen to have IPv6 support (this site will tell you if you do or not), then it's 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844.
Yes, I have indeed punched that in. Neither of them work. My parents found a way to block me from changing what DNS server I use.

View Postblind7125, on 04 March 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

If I buy my own computer I will still have to use my parents' internet. The blocker is installled into the internet modem, not the computer.

#17 wickedplayer494

wickedplayer494

• 387 posts
  • Joined December 1, 2011

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostLikeABoss, on 04 March 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

View Postwickedplayer494, on 04 March 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

Yes, I have indeed punched that in. Neither of them work. My parents found a way to block me from changing what DNS server I use.

View Postblind7125, on 04 March 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

If I buy my own computer I will still have to use my parents' internet. The blocker is installled into the internet modem, not the computer.
If it's in the modem's firmware, you could attempt to flash the firmware or if possible (this one may vary from model to model), restore to factory settings. Google should help you out with this one. If it's passworded (which it might), then I'm out of ideas.

#18 Stormgem

Stormgem

Servant of Chuck Knoblock the one armed one man army

• 4 posts
  • Joined April 26, 2012

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

What is the deal with opendns??? I Fuc*n hate them.

#19 Error

Error

Bangerman, the Savior of Bangerland

• 2674 posts
  • Joined January 15, 2012

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

(Retard snip because didn't get to sleep busy playing Assassins creed:Revelations also necrofag above me)

View PostRainbow_Dashie123, on 27 April 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Hatsune, This thread was dead, He already fixed it.
Dumbass up there necro'd it.
and this is why i encourage people to get better sleep.

Edited by HatsuneMiku, 27 April 2012 - 10:53 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Rainbow_Dashie123

Rainbow_Dashie123

• 595 posts
  • Joined February 15, 2012

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hatsune, This thread was dead, He already fixed it.
Dumbass up there necro'd it.
Posted Image
Part of the Wolf Pack
Meh, My sig sucks :P

Welcome to our forum! We would like to encourage you to contribute to our community by posting and talking in the shoutbox.

Please consider joining us by logging in or registering.